How is it that Ash Wednesday is only a week away?
If you’re still unsure as to what to give up/do for Lent, here are 12 ideas:
- A skirt-dresses only Lent
- Dating Apps if you’re single
- Always park in the far back of any parking lot
- Keep your house a little cooler
- Attend daily mass
- Get up 30 minutes early every day for prayer
- Cold showers!
- Establish a phone curfew. No phone after a certain hour, and use that time for spiritual reading, or being present with your family.
- Practice the traditional Lenten fast: two small meatless meals and one normal sized meal (no snacking!)
- No coffee shops (only brew it at home)
- Pray the rosary every day
- Start attending Spiritual Direction
“If you suffer with Him, you will reign with Him. If you cry with Him, you will have joy with Him. If you die with Him on the Cross of tribulation, you will possess the eternal dwelling place in the splendor of the saints. And your name, written in the Book of Life, will be glorious among men.”
-St. Claire of Assisi
8 Be sober and watch: because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goeth about seeking whom he may devour.
9 Whom resist ye, strong in faith: knowing that the same affliction befalls your brethren who are in the world.
1 Peter 5:8-9
“Let us set out with trust on our Lenten journey, sustained by fervent prayer, penance and concern for those in need. In particular, may this Lent be a time of ever greater concern for the needs of children, in our own families and in society as a whole: for they are the future of humanity.”
– St. John Paul II